Gourmet Coffee Food Recipes
Dreamy Coffee Mousse
For a gourmet addition to your fine dinner, this coffee mousse fits the bill.—elegant, smooth, and incredibly tasty. It is also quite easy to prepare, either in ½-cup soufflé dishes or in one large glass bowl. Enjoy!
Ingredients for 12 servings:
2 cups whipping cream (heavy), at room temperature.
¼-cup strong gourmet coffee
1 cup chocolate chips (semisweet)
4 eggs and 3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons Kahlua
Macadamia nuts (optional)
- First create a waxed paper collar that will encircle the 12 soufflé dishes. Use tape to secure the collars. You may use one large glass bowl instead of individual dishes.
- Mix the cream and gourmet coffee and put this on the side.
- Use a saucepan on a very low flame to melt the chocolate chips.
- Blend the eggs and yolks with the sugar for about three minutes at medium-high speed. Now pour in the gourmet coffee and cream along with the vanilla and blend for another two minutes. Finally add the melted chocolate and Kahlua and blend until the consistency is nice and smooth.
- Divide the mixture equally among the dishes and place them in the freezer (make sure and keep them flat) for about 3½ hours.
- When serving the mousse remove the waxed paper collars from the soufflé dishes and then gently press the macadamia nuts around the rims.
- If you are instead using a single bowl then place it some warm water for about two minutes, then turn it over onto a serving plate. Wait about five minutes before slicing it up to serve it.
Espresso/Chocolate/Coconut/Macadamia Nut Cookies
Easy to make, and Oh My Gosh are these good!
6 teaspoons finely ground roasted espresso
7 ounces chopped unsweetened chocolate
4 cups chocolate chips (semisweet)
2 cups chopped macadamia nuts.
2 cups sugar
2 sticks (1 cup) butter
½-teaspoon baking powder
tablespoons shredded coconut.
- Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit and prepare 4 large cookie sheets with grease.
- Melt the butter and 2 cups of the chocolate chips using either a double boiler or a metal bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smoothly melted.
- Separately combine the sugar, eggs, and gourmet coffee. Beat this mixture thoroughly and then stir it into the melted chocolate chips and butter.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and salt and stir it well. Then add the macadamia nuts and the last two cups of chocolate chips, and the coconut flakes. Dollop 1½ tablespoons of cooking batter every three inches on the baking sheet and bake for about 11 minutes (check after 7).
- Makes about 35 large cookies
Parfait Cafe Au Lait
This very rich and exciting taste sensation is quite easy to make!
Ingredients (for 12 servings):
1-1/3 cups gourmet coffee (strong brew)
1-1/3 cups condensed milk
2 cups whipping cream
½-cup macadamia nuts (chopped)
- First blend the condensed milk with the vanilla and gourmet coffee.
- Now whip the cream and fold it into the liquid, then add the chopped macadamia nuts on top.
- Pour the mixture into the parfait dishes and garnish it with macadamia nuts and cinnamon.
- As a nice touch add one or two gourmet coffee beans to each dish.
- Now freeze or chill this delectable dessert until it is firm.
Chocolate-Covered Gourmet Coffee Beans
Dark roasted beans
Dark semi-sweet chocolate.
In a saucepan over a very low flame melt the chocolate.
- Use wax paper to cover a baking sheet, and then spread the gourmet coffee beans onto the sheet.
- Next pour the chocolate over the beans and make sure they are well-covered and in one single layer.
- Put the baking sheet in the refrigerator until it has hardened, then break it apart into the individual beans.